Monday, October 27, 2008

Flowing

So I'm wandering around the house this afternoon, the groceries shopped for, the house as tidy as I'm up to making it...and I'm looking for something to do. Something to fill those isolated places of time where I can't sit still, where I can't stop thinking about everything, much less focus on one.

Piddly stuff. Petting a cat, leafing through a magazine. It's just not enough, not fulfilling. I went into the guest bedroom to play the keyboard. I lasted 5 minutes at most. Took a bath. Pet another cat, too early for bed and too late to feel like starting anything new.

So I took the first page of 'cultivate gratitude' and started gluing fringe and yarn on. I don't knit or crochet. Maybe to some of the ones of you who do, you can compare the comfortable rhythm of hook to yarn to my happily gluing pieces of one thing onto another thing. Paper, rock, scissors.

A lazy Monday evening, dinner in my belly and not ready for sleep. What am I doing with this blog? What do I want to do? I want to inspire others as I am blessed with inspiration. I want to show that one person who needs it most at this very moment the fun of counting, coloring, feeling and knowing the mystery of creativity as it binds one to finding their truest self.

No comments: