Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Revisited

Blog entry 07 29 09

I am weary of the daily routine. What has changed since my last posting? Job-hunting is tiresome. Wouldn’t it be great to spend an early morning getting ready for an interview, heading out all spiffed up to greet the world with my enthusiasm and experience? I have tried walking the pavement, but even the fast food chains don’t take walk-ins anymore. You have to apply online everywhere. The grocery and drug stores want you to answer 50 generic questions to prove your integrity. The opportunities for office work are nil. Without a medical certificate, I am ready to be a waitress. My days are spent in an endless routine of mundane housework and computerizing, with an office-appropriate wardrobe collecting fuzz in my closet.

I am bored. I have something to offer. But the longer I go without a job, the less I am confident about my abilities. I know I can be a great attribute to a company, whether I’m answering phones or piecing parts or managing inventory. Maybe I am too diversified. Right now, I’ll take what I can get. But I can’t even get McDonald’s.

In my down time, I do the laundry and wash the dishes. My creativity is squashed with failure to produce anything of interest.

The cats keep me normal. Aspen, with her silky coat and quiet nature is calming to me. Vail brings me socks and washrags, meowing in questioning approval. AJ just seems to be everywhere, ready to be picked up and loved on. Loki sleeps on the bed, ready in a moment to search out the latest noise.

My son keeps busy with school, his finals being this week. The lawn needs more than a mowing. My girls are on their own, and I wait patiently to hear from them about their latest doings. Again, I am bored. And I want to get paid for it. I have something to offer, but the longer I search for a job, the easier it is to let the moments pass without creating something worthwhile. Sad.

No comments: