Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Morning Quiet

I was a zombie on Saturday. My meds just seem to be knocking my sleep habits around. I briefly remember hubby waking, and next thing I know, it's 3 pm. He's already been out to fly his remote-control airplane - twice. He's tidied the house. And I stroll to the couch and sleep even more. Only to wake up and get back to the bed, finally waking up again this morning, around 5 am. That is a LOT of sleep. Guess I needed it. I'm doing housework, trying to be quiet so he can sleep. The laundry's going, the dishes done, and I'm trying to decide my priorities for the day.

I am excited about the Lawrenceville rubberstamping and paper arts convention this coming weekend. I haven't taken any classes since we moved from Ohio, and I feel like this is a big step for me to come out of my cave...for the past number of days I've been trying to find inspiration for the ATC 'Aloha' theme contest. I've tried a number of ideas out, but they don't seem to be 'it'. If you do a search on the meaning of Aloha, it's wonderful - there is a very deep meaning to the Hawaiian language...and I want to show that in my cards. I have the standard mediocre ideas - sun-scapes, beaches, flip-flops and such, but it isn't portraying the deeper meaning of Aloha. I want to paint Divine Breath, to portray the spiritual meaning. Then my inner critic tells me that I need to make something 'normal', something obviously Aloha-ish. I took pics of one of my pieces in various stages of creation, but it just wasn't going where I wanted it. I need to open my mind up and let it happen. I need to make the time to find the quiet places in my heart. I need to let my art start in my heart.

No comments: