Sunday, January 20, 2008

Vulnerable

Here I am on a Sunday night, Michael and I enjoying being in the same room and dinging around on our laptops. AJ is curled up on the afghan beside me, and Vail and Aspen are playing laundry helpers on the pile of clean towels on the bed. Sir Galahad, bless his 9 lives, just doesn't seem very comfortable. He's 13 years old now, so he could have a while before he goes, but he's just getting so thin and his wounds from this last battle with a squirrel just aren't healing like they should. This is my first post for this new blog. I am not sure where it will take me, but I am sure it is a journey that will enlighten myself, and I hope, others. Follow me on my path to discovery of who I am now that my children are grown and I enter a new stage of life. Come into my world, where I will expose my flaws, vulnerable and subject to critique. I test my own truths and open my mind to the universal consciousness, I bow before the throne of my God, I lift up my hands in gratitude for the sanctity of life. Here, you will discover idiosyncrasies. I am my worst critic, and on many days I question whether or not I qualify as an artist. For those entering the world inside this blog, I pray that you will discover your personal bohemian spirit, and let go of the rules with a child-like enthusiasm that will make you smile and sing and laugh and dance. Live well, my friends who enter.

No comments: